How many times I tried to read the Comedy of Dante to discover with amazement that mysterious something stops me every time I finish the first part? My reading until there is passionate and I feel I could devour the book without break. But then come the Purgatory and the promise of ascension heavenly and the magic is weakening. Then I start to browse through neglect sentences and, finally, abandonment reading.
I wonder what accounts for this strange impossibility. Will (I wonder with sadness ) that modern men can not believe in Heaven rather than allegory and Purgatory as bureaucratic bungling or a legalistic , while the Hell is presented as something absolutely real?
Visit Hell for Dante, is the price to get into Heaven, where he hopes Beatrice Portinari. Very learned men have argued that Beatrice to Dante symbolizes Fe. But what does it symbolize for me, for us, and we rarely Faith is as if we had resigned to accept that time must pay a high price for that something ineffable, and at the same time, we considered unattainable.
* * *
chance to think Is this today, now that I am, to put in good Tuscan:
0 comments:
Post a Comment